If you are using wifi and wishing to block unwelcomed leechers, this method will kick them off your wifi once and for all. Changing your wifi security connection to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK also works well to not allow these leechers to hack your wifi password as easy as they do to WEP security setting.
On a side note, if you wish to monitor your bandwidth usage, kindly download Networx.
Router id is your PC’s getaway address. Here is how to check your getaway address: Windows>Command Prompt. Type ipconfig and search for default getaway. That’s your router id.
2. Sign in with your username and password.
3. Search for MAC address configuration or anything similar. By default, this configuration is disabled. Enable the option, insert the MAC address that you wish to get access to your wifi.
To know your MAC address, open Command Prompt and type ipconfig /all and search for physical address. Remember that physical address for ethernet connection and wireless connection differs from each other. If you wish to edit access configuration for your wifi setting, then look for physical address under wireless connection.
4. Save your changes. Your router will then automatically reset itself. If not, you can manually reset it.
1. By applying limited MAC address access to your internet connection, all other devices WILL NOT be able to use your wifi id to access the internet.
2. The number of MAC addresses allowed to be set up in the router setting is limited and vary accordingly, depending on your internet providers.
3. ALL devices, including tablets and handphones will also be blocked. Such devices have their very own wifi address.
a. Setting>General>About (iDevices)
b. Dial this code *#62209526# (Nokia)
c. Option>Status>WLAN address (Blackberry)
Search for wifi address. The other alternative is to check it in your phone body, under the battery.
4. All the details that you are using are highly confidential. DO NOT let others to know these details.
Disclaimer: All changes are under your own responsible. I am not obliged to be held responsible for any of your misdoing upon your trial to apply this configuration. All steps were revised before being published and these are the exact steps me myself did. Credit to @eizil too.